Web Developer - PHP- wordpress
Summit, NJ. Posted 0 minutes ago
Role: Web Developer (PHP/ Wordpress) - F2F Interview
Location: Summit, NJ
Duration: 6+ months
Rate: $market All Inclusive
- Ø Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Ø Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ø Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Ø Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin.
- Ø Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest front¬end and back-end technologies
- Ø Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Ø Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ø Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Ø Self-motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Ø Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Ø Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Ø Client-facing demeanor for Training & Support.
- Ø Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines (MIS, Web Development, etc) preferred.
Ø Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & de¬facto standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Creation of clean, logical, well ¬documented and reusable code.
- Theme/template integration.
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) required.
- Familiar with AWS LAMP Stack Configuration
- Experience creating multilingual websites.
- Developing wire-frame mock-ups to illustrate possible solutions
- Good understanding of cross¬-platform and cross-¬browser issues.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Use of AJAX / Prototype / script.aculo.us an advantage.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wire-frames into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Knowledge of different PHP frameworks, libraries, or any other technology relevant to WordPress Multisite
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Must be self-motivated and directed.