The Woodlands, TX. Posted 4 months ago
We are looking for UX Designer for our client in The Woodlands,TX. This is with our direct customer. Prefer locals or someone willing to relocate. I have posted required skills for this opportunity. Please do review and let me know your thoughts. Thank you.
Position: UX Designer
Duration: 12+ months
Our engineers build specialized tools to take on the worlds toughest energy challenges; we are looking for a designer to help design them. Work in a company that values user experience, and join a corporate community of UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and have strong skills in interaction design and communication.
Basic Function: User Interface Designer
Job Responsibilities: (Day to Day Activities of the Role):
* Work with a broad range of engineers and scientists to help build fast, effective designs.
* Develop paper and electronic prototypes to test your concepts and try many ideas before settling into the right design.
* Ability to be able to shift gears quickly and have a pragmatic sense of design.
* Ability to make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem.
* Ability to collaborate with a team of non-designers.
* Ability to communicate verbally and visually
* User Research
* Usability Testing
* Electronic and Paper Prototyping
* Interaction Design
* Data Visualization
Desired Skills or Experience:
* 3+ years of experience
* 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas or other science/engineering domain preferred.
* Experience working with modern desktop platforms like .NET/WPF is a plus and will make communication with software developers easier.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
Prefer folks who have an interest to stay in Houston (desire to keep them beyond 1 year if they perform well, ties to Houston are nice). Prefer to see longevity in previous assignments (job hopping every year on resume is not preferred)Position requires domestic and international travel, about 20-25% of the time.