TIBCO Systems engineer
Irving, TX. Posted 3 months ago
· Evaluate, develop, design, customize, install, configure, implement, support and maintain key system software components for Tibco EMS, EMS appliance, Business Works (BW 5 & 6), Tibco Administrator, Hawk and Business Events environments.
· Performs application maintenance, to include debugging, installing new application releases, patching, creating and installing local routines
· Develop, document and maintains procedures for administering, maintaining, and supporting applications
· Capacity planning and resource management for Web servers and Java Application servers
· Implements procedures to ensure data integrity, configuration control, and systems reliability and availability. Designs and supports problem reporting, tracking, and analysis as requested
· Identifies, conceptualizes, writes, documents, and implements UNIX shell, Perl, Windows Scripting, and additional programs necessary to monitor and administer the production application environment
· Troubleshoot, resolve and provide root cause analysis for technical issues.
· Advanced knowledge and application of patch and upgrade procedures for system software
· Monitors and maintain elements of software security.
· Administer, maintain, and support deployed applications
· Implements and maintains system capacity and monitoring reports
· Prepares activity and progress reports regarding the management of applications
· Defines and implements system integrity policies and procedures
· Exhibits excellent interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication skills while managing all operations shift duties and procedures
· Expected to use end to end methodologies when managing systems and applications.
· Function smoothly and efficiently in a team environment
· Assist in determining root cause for service outages from an application perspective
· All other duties and projects assigned
· 5 year experience designing, implementing and supporting Tibco Business Works, Tibco EMS and Business Events environments.
· Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with AWS cloud platform, services, security, functions and processes.
· Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with JMS, SQS and ActiveMQ implementations with Amazon MQ brokers.
· Knowledge and experience (3-5 years) with Linux shell scripting and Python.
· Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with JMS, SQS and ActiveMQ messaging queue setup, configuration and performance monitoring.
· Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with Systems and Application monitoring systems such as ZaaS / Zenoss, Tibco Hawk and AppDynamics.
· Knowledge and experience (2-4 years) with JBoss (EAP 6) and Terracotta / ehcache.
· Knowledge and experience (5 years) with administering and troubleshooting Java (J2EE) API’s, multi-tiered applications and complex workflows.
· Experience designing and managing Tibco Active Matrix System Baseline.
· Demonstrated experience configuring and supporting Tibco Hawk, RVD and Rendezvous.
· 5 years direct Application Administration experience in a 24x7 services provider environment
· Knowledge and experience (5 years) with LINUX (preferably RHEL/CentOS) in a virtualized environment is required
· Knowledge and experience (3-5 years) with security concepts, firewalls, certificate management and OpenSSL is required
· Knowledge and experience (5 years) with Java Web Services, SoapUI, XML is required
· Demonstrated experience with software build and deployment practices in a Tibco Business Event / Business Works environment.
· Working knowledge of Tibco Business Events, Tibco Managed File Transfer (MFT).
· Knowledge and experience implementing, monitoring, and/or integration with a NMS
· Proficiency with stored procedures, performance profiling and tuning for application and database platforms
· Knowledge and experience with networking concepts is required
· Proficiency in managing systems within multiple sites including fail-over redundancy
· Proficiency in documenting complex architectures and workflows for a wide technical audience using a mix of internal publishing tools (KB), MS Visio and MS Excel is required
· Knowledge and experience of RDBM Systems; Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and Sybase a plus
· Understanding of ITIL Service Management standards, tools, and processes in a service support/delivery model (ITIL foundations certification a plus)
· BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
· Equivalent experience or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considered.
· 5+ years of experience installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining middleware technology in an IT Ops/Application Support function.
· Utilizes sound decision making skills and communicates well with other team members and business users
· Identifies problems and recommends solutions, performs triage in a team environment
· Performance will be measured by his/her ability to deliver quality work on time
· Works independently as part of a team, including cross functional teams.
· Interact with IT at all levels
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to interface with a multitude of diverse personalities in a professional and consistent manner.