The Project Manager
Dallas, TX. Posted 5 months ago
Job : Project Manager
Under the general direction of Program Director, the Project Manager Level IV role is a leader within the PMO and business partners, and manages large Corporate Projects or small-to-medium programs of inter-related projects. The individual specializes in multiple areas, is extremely adaptable, mentors lower level PMs on the Project Process and has the ability to manage multiple highly complex programs or projects. The role collaborates to define scope, requirements, project governance, design, testing, timeline, and budget. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved. The Project Manager IV collaborates with the PMO and the business to identify and manage the project pipeline for the specific business line. The position may lead/and or direct the work of others.
* Serves as lead project manager on complex Corporate Projects and/or small-to-medium inter-related programs; defines and manages all aspects of project planning including scope, budget, financial forecasting and scheduling.
* Leads and manages all aspects of project planning within and across related projects including scope, budget, financial forecasting, and scheduling.
* Represents the PMO in rationalizing a set of projects into a program on behalf of business and/or technical units.
* Determines resource requirements and procures resources; manages contract project and/or program resources.
* Facilitates impact analyses of current/existing technologies on the program.
* Remains informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars and trade publications
* May contribute and/or lead vendor relationship management for project-related vendors; supports enterprise vendor management standards and coordinates initial contracts, contract renewals, and addenda to contracts with key project vendors.
* Complies with enterprise project management standards and contributes to their incremental improvement.
* Monitors project and/or program execution and escalates project issues as necessary.
* Maintains project and/or program website and database, and issue and risk tracking logs.
* Documents project decisions and project meetings.
* Four year degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
* MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred.
* Formal training in project or program management and/or certification required.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills including serving as a mentor.
* Nine or more years of project/program management experience and demonstrated success.
* Five or more years of experience that demonstrates an understanding of IT and/or banking operations systems and operations.
* Requires advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
* Recognized as a subject matter expert within his or her specified field of expertise.
* Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects within budget and on time.
* Requires expertise in MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project.
* Requires demonstrated knowledge in system integration and management.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.