Sr. Java Developer
Wilmington, DE. Posted 07-10-18
Java Application Development
6 - 8 Years
Any Work Permit encouraged to apply
KEY Notes/Skills from the Hiring Manager:
- Looking for someone really senior with Java.
- Good UI experience.
- Excellent webservice experience with SOAP and REST.
- Knowledge of working with data.
- JSP pages, JBOSS and other JAVA based UI features.
- Able to create middleware services, with UI that can interact with data dynamically.
- Senior Java guy that has a lot of Web Services experience and using Kafka for streaming. UI java base concept for developing.
Java Developer Responsibilities
- Support product through all development phases until the product is handed over to Production Operations.
- Partner with Big Data development and support teams to understand requirements
- Develop supporting frameworks in Hadoop in support of the Cloud Central platform
- Technical documentation, architecture diagram, data flow diagram, server configuration diagram creation
- Meet planned dates and deliverables
- Work with big data developers designing scalable supportable infrastructure.
- Assist with planning infrastructure forecasts and demand management for applications on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the system runbooks.
- 5+ years of IT experience (Front end, Web Development) required with 2+ years’ experience around Hadoop related technologies
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Python and web development required • Experience with Data modeling, Data warehouse design, development.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, FDD (Feature data driven), TDD (Test Driven Development), Elastic search (ELK), Encryption, Performance tuning, and CI/CD (Continuous integration & deployment)
- Understanding of Storage, Filesytem , Disks, Mounts , NFS preferred
- Exposure to Sentry, Cloudera Manager, Hive, HBase, Impala preferred
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in financial services industry preferred