SQL BI Developer
King of Prussia, PA. Posted 2 years ago
SQL BI Developer
- Arlington, VA
- Let’s keep the rate at or below $65/hr for now
The Sr. BI Software Engineer position has core responsibilities for the architecture, design, development, maintenance, optimization and operations of Business Intelligence applications produced by the Web Applications department.
The Sr. BI Software Engineer must be comfortable and adept at working in an agile environment and initiating interactions with members of the information system project team ultimately responsible for creation of the application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- BI Architecture – The Sr. BI Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Business Intelligence architecture which ensures compatibility with supporting applications and can be extended as application requirements evolve.
- BI Development – The Sr. BI Software Engineer is responsible for the development of assigned applications such as NMVTIS and S2S reports using the methodology, best practices and standards applicable to the application and the organization.
- Previous experience with requirements, system design, software design, coding using Microsoft technologies (SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, and SSAS), testing (unit, integration, system, performance, regression) and deployment to test and production environments are essential.
- Application Tuning, Monitoring and Operational Support – The Lead BI Software Engineer is responsible for the analysis of current systems and applications, including performance, diagnosis, upgradeability, integrations and pro-active maintenance.
- Research and Professional Development – Responsible for researching new products and/or solutions that would meet the needs of internal and external customers, maintain awareness of technology trends, industry standards and best practices. Provide feedback and recommendations to the manager.
- This position requires excellent Business Intelligence design and development skills with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess advanced technical skills and will be responsible for designing, creating, maintaining and operating applications that include advanced BI reporting capabilities.
- At least five years of hands on software development and BI report development experience.
- SQL Server BI skills (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) in a SQL Server 2008/2012 environment.
- Advanced T-SQL skills.
- Experience with SQL Replication.
- Advanced Excel reporting skills.
- Hands-on development experience as a developer or technical team lead building applications using the .NET Framework and C#.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with all members of the agile team.