Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Apply Now Save This JobJob is Saved
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
Because of a strategic commitment, United Technologies Aerospace Systems (UTAS) created the Electronic Systems Center (ESC) headquartered in scenic Phoenix, AZ. The ESC supports a wide variety of UTAS aerospace products with state-of-art engineering development, testing, and production facilities and expertise. The ESC team designs, tests, builds and supports electronic control units and systems for primary flight control systems, high-lift systems, electronic and hydraulically actuated brake control systems, and many other products for all parts of the United Technologies Enterprise. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges-safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The Software Engineer will work with a global team of engineers in Phoenix and India, on real-time embedded software for electronic control units for aerospace applications. The role will involve requirements definition using DOORS or structured modeling, detailed design, code implementation using embedded C, validation of requirements and verification of implementation. It also includes managing Problem reports for the software that has already been delivered. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with strong written and oral communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- Executing new product introduction, value engineering, and production support projects
- Establishes software design requirements traceability, flow down requirements, development of code and test cases.
- Hands-on debugging of code during integration and lab testing.
- Developing complex sub-system trade studies, algorithms, and error budgets.
- Driving the usage of appropriate Lean Product Development tools to support cost-effective technical solutions with a heavy focus on platform design, reuse, and knowledge management.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Proficient with C programming language, and embedded systems in a lab environment.
- Experience with Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, and/or DSPs
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good computer skills with the ability to learn new programs/software
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
- Four years of experience in software development
- Experience working within DO-178B/C certification program(s), including Stages of Involvement (SOI) Audits under EASA or FAA
- Model-Based Development, using SysML, Simulink or SCADE
- Experience with the following industry guidance: DO-330, DO-331, DO-254, ARP4754A
- Knowledge and use of ADA, Assembly, Perl, C
- Software Verification including, test procedure development, robustness testing and debug
- Experience with software configuration management and problem reporting tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Systems, Computer Engineering, or Equivalent.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].