Senior Java Developer
Roseville, CA. Posted 4 months ago
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Roseville, California
Duration: 12 + months
Looking for HealthCare clients experience….
Senior Java Developer:
Focus on Java EE development, WebSphere, IBM Curam and DB2 expereince.
Under general direction, performs difficult and specialized IT work. Performs detailed technical and advisory
functions of moderate difficulty within the normal range of IT assignments for IBM Curam, WebSphere / Java EE based applications. Performs moderately difficult studies and analysis of related user needs to determine the feasibility of converting these needs to Java EE based computer applications. General policies and procedures must be followed in the execution of IT assignments in an ever-changing environment. Duties are expected to be performed independently with only unusual problems referred to higher level IT professionals / Managers. As the senior developer, coordinates the analysis and programming functions required to enhance, convert, and/or develop systems applications of moderate difficulty utilizing Java EE and WebSphere technologies. Develops general and detail systems designs and proceeds with program/object coding, testing and coordinates moving into production. Responsibilities include the WebSphere and Java EE platform in a PC/Network/Distributed/clustered environment and connected to DB2 databases.
Requires education/experience as outlined above for the following: Java EE framework technologies, Struts Framework, Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Java EE systems development; WebSphere; web based application development, especially creating Java server pages and data access objects (SQL); testing with JUnit.
Experience with DB2 databases
Experience with interface development and troubleshooting
Experience with any ERP application development / maintenance.
Experience with PDI data integration tool or other ETL tools is a plus
Key Job Duties:
- Performs system design tasks of moderate complexity, developing system design documents for use in the coding and testing of system applications in the Curam, WebSphere / Java EE environment.
- Follows approved life-cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and develops business logic utilizing JSP (Java Server Pages), DB2 access using standard connection protocols and the Spring Batch Framework or similar;
- Utilize various languages including Java, Web services, XML, Unix Shell scripting for program development and troubleshooting in Curam Framework.
- Develops Java programs using IBM WPS/BPM.
- Develops SQL and SQL stored procedures in DB2.
- Develops and conducts program tests using JUnit; develops test plans and data and performs or oversees testing to verify that the programs function correctly and to ensure that modifications have not caused error in other parts of the program, interfacing programs and interfacing systems.
- Provides support to the test team to create test cases.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- Interviews users, analyzing their IT needs in order to develop descriptions of moderately complex systems proposals.
- Reviews and analyzes Java EE programs to gain a detailed understanding of the implementation of the underlying business functions. Identifies problems and documents problem definitions.
- As a lead programmer, coordinates analysis and programming functions on a Java EE platform for IT assignments of moderate complexity.
- Provides technical guidance system information and instruction to lower level IT staff, assisting with specific work problems requiring a broader knowledge of subject matter processing.
- Provides business continuity applications / program support and maintenance meeting SLA’s therein.
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to successful completion of four years of college
- with course work in computer science or directly related fields
- Five plus years of professional experience in Java development for large, web-based applications
- Experience in developing ERP based solutions is preferable.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology concepts and principles, the theories and functions of computer systems, and the principles and techniques of Information Technology documentation.
- Working knowledge of the methods, procedures and techniques of conducting studies for system
- conversions and enhancements, including the use of structure, behavior, and interaction diagrams in the analysis and design of web-based systems.
- Ability to effectively participate in and profit from continuing education, both in a formal and in-service training setting.
- Ability to analyze data logically and exercise sound judgment in defining, evaluating, and solving moderately difficult technical and operational problems.
- Ability to gain and maintain effective working relationships with agency officials, associates, vendors, clients and others.
- Developed oral and written communication skills to present technical information to others with clarity
- and precision.