Senior Java Developer/Lead
San Francisco, CA. Posted 10-09-17
Title: Senior Java Developer/Lead
Location: SFO, CA
Duration: 9 Months
Need local resources for face to face
- Lead joint development with external offshore development teams.
- Own software designs of key portions of the application
- Guide the team as needed and ensure the team is producing good code compliant with client standards and practices through code reviews
- Work with key members of other teams to handle inter dependencies across various applications comprising the client suite of applications
- Hands-on development. Design and write clean, robust, well-tested server side code.
- Perform research and development to evaluate new technologies, ideas and communicate value for company.
- Ability to work with business users, product managers, QA, Release, and UI and Platform Engineering teams to develop great digital media applications.
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related fields. Masters degree a plus.
- 10+ years J2EE/Java
- RDBMS design/development experience (Redshift, MySql, Oracle) and working with large volumes of data
- Experience implementing service-oriented (SOA) architectures and web services
- Expertise in various web service protocols including XML, RSS, SOAP
- Expertise in Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Tachyon, Spark Streaming, Cassandra, HDFS, Hadoop etc. helpful
- Experience with Data Ingestion and Data processing a plus.
- Experienced in Agile development methodologies / Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS EC2/S3/RDS a plus
- Understanding of online advertising landscape and technologies a plus