Senior ABAP Developer
Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Propose solutions for technical architecture and design of SAP integration technology stack using platforms such as SAP NetWeaver PI, HANA Cloud Integrator (HCI/SCPI) etc
- Participate in all aspects of systems development life cycle (SDLC) phases and prepare architectural overview, high level and low level documentation based on requirement elicitation process. Develop solutions based on business user’s requirements
- Development of scalable and reliable interface solutions Provide expertise on technical ABAP development
- Basic knowledge on SAP SD, MM, FI with IS-Oil experience.
- Design, develop and maintain custom programs on SAP ECC on HANA with Netweaver 7.40.
- Familiarity on ABAP Object Oriented Programming.
- Work closely with functional analyst in gathering of requirements and turn into technical solutions.
- Recent work experience on interfaces using BAPI, IDoc, RFC and web services.
- Has worked on integration with PO/PI middleware.
- Experience on dialog programming using classical dynpros, preferably web dynpros.
- Created data dictionary objects.
- Develop reports via classical and object ALV.
- Has worked on user-exits particularly on Projects, BADIs and Enhancement spots.
- Performance fine tuning on a production environment and has used standard tools such as runtime analysis and sql trace.
- Test all applications for functional and business requirements and timely resolution of defects identified. Maintenance of source code and production support for the applications
- Responsible for identifying and prototyping new technologies and solutions to assist the overall IT team. Focus on latest SAP integration technologies, security, encryption and cloud concepts
- Work with administrators to plan system landscape strategy, including design and realization of solutions such as high availability, disaster recovery, state of the art proactive monitoring and error handling
- Support and assist the IT and SAP teams to evaluate technical solutions for new projects and requirements
- Collaborate with SAP team in development, planning and execution of releases and deployments in adherence with standardized methodologies
- Partner with internal and external platform service providers, the SAP team, Calumet IT and SAP in design, development and implementation of SAP technology solutions.
- Work with BASIS team to Implement and maintain the multiple SAP instances / Landscape (such as development, test, training and production). Provide support for client copy and system restore
Job and batch processing management - both Initial creation and maintenance ie BPM & Redwood
Perform monitoring of interface execution, analyze failures and resolution of issues
- Ability to work with complex and/or high visibility projects, providing status updates
Develop and maintain system documentation for all SAP custom programming, code standards and technical design documentation.
- Primary responsibility for interactions with the SAP team and other Calumet IT to understand business and technical needs and share SAP solution and landscape knowledge
- Embraces a culture of collaboration with the business and IT team members
- Provides input into the development of project plans in collaboration with SAP team members, implementation partners and the business
- Consultative approach and abilities in working with internal business partners to analyze a problem, think creatively and offer a variety of solution options after consulting and securing buy-in for those solutions with the SAP team
- Responsible for the effective facilitation of meetings and design sessions with peers and clients as it relates to Interface functions
- Primary point of contact for communicating changes of ABAP relevant information to the SAP team and management
- Consistently demonstrates effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills that enables collaboration with all relevant team members and the business
- Consistently demonstrates effective documentation skills
- Apply negotiating and conflict resolution skills with minimal guidance
- Experience with presenting to large audiences
- Apply listening skills to gain a thorough understanding of what is being communicated and proactively solicit pertinent information
- Demonstrates the ability to restate and clarify what was heard in order to validate mutual understanding
- Demonstrates effectiveness in all areas of communication listed above with peers, clients, business partners
- Provides input for performance reviews as requested
- May participate in candidate interviews
Leadership & Coordination
Will be responsible to drive innovation of tools, processes, and solutions in own sphere of influence.
- Consistently demonstrates a Team orientation and fosters a culture of collaboration within and across work streams
- Works toward professional self-improvement through continued training and education
- Commitment to the success of a team
- May be called upon to work in a lead role on support projects, implementation projects etc. with teams of various size and makeup
- Ability to effectively engage in multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related Engineering, technical fields or equivalent work related experience
• 10-12 years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements using SAP
• 10+ years’ experience in working with SAP IDOC’s, ABAP, Java and XML technology
• Experience with S/4 is a plus although not required.
• Experience with 7.4 is preferred.
• Experience in standard SAP functional design in various modules like SD, MM, FI, SCM, HR, CRM in various Industries from an integration perspective
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
• Ability to present a positive and effective professional image
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency with software applications used to document system design, gather and maintain requirements, (e.g. MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to assess relevant facts.
• Prefer experience with requirements management tools
• Prefer experience with formal software development lifecycle methodologies and development processes, preferably ASAP methodology and processes for SAP implementation
• Prefer experience with project management tools and methods
• A passion about your work with a strong desire to learn, grow and make a difference
• Will perform other tasks as deemed necessary by the line manager in pursuit of Organizational vision, goals and objectives
• Occasional travel based on project and business needs
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.