SAP FICO Process Analyst
The Woodlands, TX. Posted 23 days ago
Job Title: SAP FICO Process Analyst
Location: The woodlands, TX
An Upstream SAP Financials & Controlling Applications Analyst is a self-directed individual with strong analytical and leadership skills joining an Upstream Financial Applications SAP Team located in Houston to drive process improvements and provide support to our Controllers Business users. Looking for solid demonstrable Upstream Oil & Gas experience in SAP ECC 6 business process modules, such as FICO, General Ledger, and Joint Venture Accounting. The successful candidate must be a quick learner, who is customer focused, with good communication and technical leadership skills.
For this position we are specifically looking for a candidate with expertise the Controlling (CO) module. Candidate will be working on an S4/HANA Upgrade project, so some working knowledge of S4/HANA is required. The Houston Team is based out of The Woodlands Hughes Landing office and it is expected to travel to Fort Worth 100% for the first 6 months of this assignment.
Primary Job Functions:
* Gather/clarify business requirements for reported incidents or enhancement requests.
* Use standard SAP-supplied tools to troubleshoot/debug and then recommend solutions.
* Respond to and resolve problem tickets and service requests raised by users.
* Prepare detailed design specifications for program, report, or interface development activities.
* Coordinate with Business and other IT resources to deliver and support SAP solutions.
* Provide configuration and variant changes if needed.
* Coordinate implementation activities.
* Provide post-production support as required for application continuity and long term maintainability.
* Guide the business in utilizing SAP financial functionality to the best extent possible, including review of existing business processes and system integration challenges.
* Maintain up-to-date competency in ECC 6 / FI, GL, CO, and JVA, and other relevant integrated SAP modules and sub-modules, such as PRA.
* Lead improvement activities & implementation of strategic initiatives and projects.
* Perform technical leadership & consulting for complex efforts.
* University degree (Financial/Accounting related and/or IT/MIS related) - B.S. in Finance or Accounting. B.S. in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent.
* Working experience with various SAP Financial modules (e.g. Controlling, General Ledger, Projects, Special Ledger, etc.) and working knowledge of integration to other key modules, e.g., PRA.
* Prior experience supporting SAP with specific knowledge of SAP interfaces and batch systems.
* Working experience with Upstream Accounting and Financial processes.
* Hands-on functional configuration experience with SAP.
* Strong technical aptitude in order to analyze, troubleshoot, comprehend and support complex processes based on standard and customized SAP configurations.
* Good understanding of ABAP programming language.
* Strong problem-solving skills as well as incident and change management knowledge.
* Working knowledge of Agile Frameworks and Team Processes (i.e. Scrum and Kanban)
* Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
* Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
* Experience coordinating activities with business support teams or business clients.
* Ability to mentor other Financial Applications IT professionals.