SAP BASIS Consultant
Baltimore, MD. Posted 2 years ago
Role: SAP BASIS Consultant
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: 6+ months
- Assist Sr. SAP Basis System s Engineers by providing "Level 2" support of multiple SAP landscapes to monitor, detect,
diagnose, and recommend corrective solutions using SAP Solution Manager and other 3rd party software; assuring the
integrity, availability, security and recoverability of the various SAP systems. Also, must be able to provide on-call, "after
hours" support and assistance.
- Assist Sr. SAP Basis (and var ious other IT) team members, to optimize SAP system performance.
- Review, suggest, and occasionally apply corrective system fixes from supplied documentation and other sources (e.g.
SAP EarlyWatch Reports, SAP Online Support, Cisco, IBM and other technology partners).
- Work with the Sr. SAP Basis Systems Engineers to develop and maintain technical documentation of processes,
standards and procedures for the administration and support of multiple SAP systems.
- Utilize SAP tools to perform new system installations, upgrades, patches, system refreshes and system and client copies.
- Provide technical support for SAP Functional team members (testing, research, diagnosis).
4+ years of related large scale systems administration support experience, of which 2+ years include related SAP Basis
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of S AP system planning, installation, and administration, as well as a good understanding of SAP
architecture and application modules.
- Displayed knowledge in one or more core competencies (ECC, SRM, BW, Process Integration, or Solution Manager)
including participation in at least 1 full cycle implementation.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Good RDBMS knowledge of 1 or more systems (Sybase or HANA desired) including installation and administration,
backup/recovery techniques and general disaster recovery procedures.
- Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Windows operating systems. Abil ity to maintain Shell scripts is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, Outlook Visio and Project.
- Experience with Atlassian collaboration tools (Confluence and JIRA), RevTrac, BSI TaxFactory a nd EPIUSE Data Sync
Manager is desirable.
- Experience with creating, updating and contributing to project plans and proficiency with creating technical documentation
using MS Word, Excel, Visio, and other similar tools).
- Good oral and written communication skills, initiative and assertiveness.
- Ability to interface well with all levels of management and staff of IT and customer community.
- Strong collaboration team building skills and the ability to work in a highly diverse environment.
- Must also be able to quickly adapt to project scope and deadline changes