Pasadena, CA. Posted 05-11-18
Role : Program Manager
Location : Pasadena, California
Duration : 6 months
Rate : Open
Visa Status : Green Card / Citizen
Program Management function is Development liaises between Business Stakeholders and Engineering leads. The PGM II understands and speaks the technical jargon as fluently as the business rhetoric. Through objective analysis and creative thinking, is capable of enabling Engineering and Business stakeholders reach consensus on a plan of record that achieves the high priority business goals within time and resource constraints. Has mastered the art of management without direct authority by leveraging productive relationships with functional managers, and is accountable for providing guidance to individual resources and transparency for business owners.
- Solicit, analyze, and define functional and non-functional technical requirements and priorities with the business owners and other cross functional stakeholders using process flows, technical requirements lists, specifications, diagrams, scenarios, mockups, and/or models
- Provide project management leadership, guidance, and day-to-day execution support for Product Development projects, ensuring technology initiatives are executed on-time, on-budget, on-scope, and with expected quality.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the project to the Technical Leadership team, working with all functional teams (Dev, QA, Operations, etc.)
- Capture and manage project risks/issues and the execution of risk mitigation/contingency plans and any necessary escalations.
- Participate in user acceptance testing of system enhancements and projects
- Manage resources, team, and other project conflicts to resolution
- Maintain and report periodic status by proactively monitoring the activities of the team members/leads and the “health” of data (burndown, bugs, etc.) for area of project/program responsibility
- Manage compliance with all IT governance standards through approved tools, templates, policies, procedures and process leanings
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years managing complex IT software development, database, and operational projects as a Project Management, Development, or Quality Assurance lead
- Agile product development experience, preferably driving or participating in Scrum product delivery teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of both client-server and web application development concepts.
- Knowledge in project management with experience managing multiple complex projects, schedules, resources, scope and performance analytics in a fast paced and dynamic environment (both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum)