Lawson/Kronos ERP Manager - Consultant
Princeton, NJ 08540
ERP Applications Manager - Finance / HR (Lawson/Kronos)
Our client, a Hospital system in the Northeast, is seeking your ERP Applications Management expertise. Local candidates from the Greater NYC/NJ area highly preferred.
As Manager of ERP Applications you will provide management oversight to the planning, development, implementation and ongoing support of a specified portfolio of information technology applications in alignment and collaboration with the specified business owners.
This specific team supports administrative services in these domains: Finance and Accounting (Hospital, Research, and Practice Plans), Financial Decision Support and Budgeting, Travel and Expense Management, Contingent Labor Management, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain and Materials Distribution Management, Human Resources and Talent Management, Payroll, Time and Attendance, Administrative Scheduling, Labor Productivity, the Foundation.
Strategic business applications include supported include Infor Lawson, MHC, StrataJazz, Onbase, Par Excellence, Kardex Remstar, Kronos, Concur, SuccessFactors, and numerous integrations with internal and 3rd party service providers.
- Establishes team vision, mission, yearly operational goals and tactical plans in alignment with key customers, IS and the organization as a whole.
- Facilitates and negotiates prioritization of service requests with business leaders based on strategic drivers and business value (ROI)
- Leads application support functions. Oversees and enhances processes to ensure system reliability, stability, data integrity and recoverability.
- Establishes service level agreements with customers and operational level agreements with other IS service units. Accountable to deliver on these.
- Ensures that processes are in place to identify and resolve application problems.
- Coordinates activities of the support team to maintain service levels and resolve issues.
- Creates and communicates metrics against support goals.
- Manages work request intake, scoping and scheduling.
- Develops and maintains documented procedures for management of systems and environments. Implements and enforces procedural standards.
- Maintains system documentation for current technical environment and system configuration.
Application Life Cycle Management:
- Manages the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications within the defined portfolio.
- Reviews and analyzes existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Ensures that processes exist and are used to design, develop and install enhancements and patches/upgrades to systems and application software per the vendor’s recommendations and in line with hospital requirements.
- Communicates regularly with product vendors to understand roadmap and plan necessary adjustments to hospital strategy in alignment with the business owners.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software applications and application development tools for purchase and deployment to meet IS and organizational goals including conducting feasibility studies within defined portfolio.
- Ensures that projects meet business requirements and goals, and fulfill end-user requirements.
- Provides technical leadership to project managers and team members working projects.
- Supports hospital’s project management methodology.
- Participates in the software development life cycle including but not limited to key sign-offs for design reviews, code reviews, and implementation planning.
- Efficiently manages resource allocations to projects.
- Enforces IT best practices in quality assurance and change management.
- Supports and facilitates change management processes necessary to ensure segregation of duties, quality testing, and auditable promotion of changes through the development, QA and production infrastructure environments.
- Manages budget for assigned cost center.
- Participates in the annual IT planning and budgeting processes for project, support, and maintenance activities.
- Manages service delivery plans, processes, deliverables, and resource allocation to ensure the quality and timeliness of services to exceed client expectations
- Develops trusting customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participates in steering committees and programs to educate and inform hospital management and business users of system capabilities. Leverages these groups to understand requirements.
- Develops and maintains teams with subject matter expertise in business domains, industry best practices, and emerging technologies in support of business objectives and goals
- Efficiently manages resource allocations to projects, application maintenance, and work requests based on service level agreements and organization priorities.
- Effectively leads, manages, motivates and technically evaluates the team in achieving their goals.
- Promotes the development and productivity of individual group members.
- Develops a culture of inter-group and inter-departmental teamwork with frequent communication.
- Monitors resource work efforts, performs resource capacity planning, assigns work to resources, estimates new resource needs, justifies and requests resources.
- Performs recruitment and hiring. Performs consultant selection and consultant management.
- Implements cross-training plans, sharing knowledge across the team.
Vendor and Contract Management:
- Reviews all new contracts and contract renewals for supported products.
- Participates in contract term and pricing negotiations. Tracks renewal dates, and engages in contract re-negotiation.
- Ensures that statements of work are thorough, complete and in compliance with hospital SOW standards.
- Ensures vendor is providing services as stipulated in our maintenance and service contracts.
- Ensures tracking of application licensing.
- BS or BA Degree in IS or related business field required
- Requires specific knowledge and expertise supporting the Lawson ERP system and Kronos Time Entry and Scheduling
- Minimum of 7 years experience providing integrated, technical solutions
- Minimum of 7 years experience providing customer-focused solutions
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing technical resources in a fast past information services environment is required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills is required
- Consulting experience is a plus
- MBA a plus
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Experience supporting applications running on the following environments: , Unix, Windows, Oracle, SQLServer
- Project management experience is a plus
- Requires proven communication skills, problem-solving skills and knowledge of best practices to guide the team on issues related to the design, development, deployment and maintenance of mission-critical applications.
- Knowledge of automated software and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques preferred
Compensation: The Hourly Rate for this role is OPEN and depends on the level of expertise you bring to the engagement.
Engagement: 40 hours per week as needed by client. This is a LONG TERM 18-24 month engagement. Full-Time, on-site is required.
Job Type: Contract