IBM MQ Engineer
Dallas, TX. Posted 2 years ago
Candidate will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, configuring, and providing production support of IBM MQ & IIB systems.
They must excel in IBM MQ technical knowledge, software support and technical guidance in support of business critical systems.
- Provide Business and product support for IBM MQ, IBM Integration Broker and Appwatch in large UNIX (Linux,AIX, Solaris, HP), Windows, zOS and iSeries environments (1200+ servers).
- 24x7 Support (as required) along with Triage and Vendor problem management, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Experience in Administration, Maintenance, Deployment, and Integration including Installation and Configuration of WebSphere MQ version 7.5 & higher
- Experience with security hardening of WebSphere MQ to include TLS encryption and Authority/Authentication Records
- Experience with MQI,.NET, and JAVA/JMS clients is a plus
- Expert in defining and modifying MQ configurations such as queues, listener ports, channels, pub/sub, etc.
- Support MQ queue managers running in a hub & spoke environment (MQ Clients)
- Tuning, issue research and resolution, and end user support
- Monitor execution and performance of messaging applications. Propose tuning adjustments (both application and environment) modifications as appropriate
- 3+ years of experience with IBM MQ Administration on midrange platforms
- Experience managing system change within a Change Management construct
- Ability to conduct problem resolution with given management tools
- General knowledge of scripting (Perl, Shell, etc.)
- General knowledge of various UNIX, LlNUX and Windows Operating systems
Posting Date: 06/22/2017
Location: US-NC-Charlotte, US-TX-Richardson, US-VA-Richmond