Hadoop System Admin
New York, NY. Posted 3 months ago
Resource Informatics Group Inc
400 E Royal Lane
8 - 9 Years
Any Work Permit encouraged to apply
Job title: Hadoop System Admn
Duration: Long Term
Location: NYC, NY
Skills and experience:
- We’re looking for a software engineer or operations engineer with experience maintaining a multi-node Hadoop cluster (we have a few hundred nodes). We use Cloudera, but specific distro experience not required.
- They should be capable of diagnosing and fixing problems at any layer of the stack: network, hardware, software.
- Experience in chef and oozie preferred.
- Strong communication skills highly preferred.
About the role and tasks:
- We want this person to respond to all our alerts about hardware problems and coordinate with the datacenter ops team to implement the appropriate fixes.
- We also want this person to actively look for notifications of failed jobs, investigate the stack traces, and rerun those jobs that fail due to hadoop timeouts.
- In their remaining time, we want this person to dig into the cause of timeouts and tune Hadoop parameters after getting the changes reviewed by our team.
Oozie DIG Hadoop Cloudera Communication Skills