Hadoop Performance Engineer
Dallas, TX. Posted just now
Key Skills: Performance tuning, Cloudera
Total Experience: 8 years
The ideal candidate will possess 4 years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Hadoop clusters, supporting Business users and Batch.
- Hadoop Performance Engineer Person will be responsible for performance tuning of large-scale production Hadoop clusters.
- Perform tuning and increase operational efficiency on a continuous basis.
- Monitor health of the platforms and generate performance reports.? Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams, jointly work on key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability.
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements.
- Responsible for support of Hadoop Production environment which includes Hive YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, Hbase, etc.
- Perform optimization, capacity planning of a large multi-tenant cluster.
- Experience in configuring and setting up Hadoop clusters and provide support for aggregation, lookup & fact table creation criteria, Mapreduce tuning, data node, NN recovery etc.
- Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell scripting
- Experience in building and scalable Hadoop applications.
Technical Environment: Hive YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, Hbase