Houston, TX. Posted 11 months ago
Open All Inc
An exciting opportunity to work at the new Agile Hub in Houston. This new venture sets out to do things differently – we’re taking a unique approach, balancing human-centred design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a great variety of potential projects in the portfolio, there are many different areas to investigate, so you’ll certainly not be bored!
We’re looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer with the ability to tackle complex problem areas in terms of people, industry and scenario. Candidates should be able to plan, manage and execute a course of work, be highly independent, confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to a fluid project landscape.
You will be working closely with product owners and designers so a strong product sense and design intuition would be helpful.
What you’ll do
- Build UIs using modern tools such as ES6, React, Redux, GraphQL, PostCSS, Flow, Webpack and Enzyme
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
Who you are
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- You know the difference between git merge and git rebase
- You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. Heroku, AWS)
- Rave about the benefits that CI / CD has given you in previous projects
- Care deeply about performance, accessibility and API design
- Have a high bar for user experience quality
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Great communication skills
Bonuses to include as part of your application
- Links to online profiles you use such as Github, Twitter etc.
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, or LinkedIn profile)