Dallas, TX. Posted 5 months ago
Summary / Basic Purpose:
The senior ETL developer will design processes that will perform extraction, transformation, load functions for the purpose of sourcing our internal data and transform it to a format that our external partners require or understand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and Test packages that will support the consumption of external data and integration within our data stores. This includes the unaided design of staging data structures.
- Analyze source data and interface with business participants in order to derive proper data cleansing rules to implement in ETL packages.
- Produce and Test data conversion packages that will cleanse our data and send it to our partners, according to their technical requirements for data exchange.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of computer science.
- Can be replaced by experience & MS SQL MCSA certification.
- 7+ years of ETL Development experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential for effective requirement gathering and construction efforts.
- Inquisitive, detail oriented, self-starter, can effectively work independently.
- Capable of extrapolating rules (cleansing in particular) based on existing business functional requirements.
- Coding Languages and Frameworks:
- T-SQL (DDL, DML, confident writing any SQL stack code object), 2008 R2 onward 2016
- BIML (desired, will have to learn)
- SSRS (nice to have)
- 7+ years SQL and DTS/SSIS troubleshooting and tuning experience
- Broad technical knowledge