ETL Automation Engineer
Wilmington, DE. Posted 12 months ago
Title: ETL Automation Engineer with Java
Location: Wilmington, DE
Overall Job Purpose
• Responsible for functionally leading technical test teams with hands on experience of ETL and Java.
• Experience in managing testing of ETL/Batch/BigData Applications in agile environment.
• Experience in understanding of underlying technologies and business processes that impact the test approach.
• Drive innovation in testability of code, test automation strategy and methodology
• Ensure success of continuous integration and quality control through automation
• Ensure high-quality solutions through automation
• Establish quality assurance standards and best practices for test automation.
• Review requirements and design specifications with an emphasis towards product testability
• Develop test strategies with QA engineers, developers and team members
• Design & code unit, component, integration, service/API and system automated testing for all new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality, producing appropriate documentation.
• Maintaining an expert level awareness of relevant software design techniques, automation tools and processes, development tools and processes, providing leadership in the use of these across the organization area.
• Develop supporting structures for all test automation including mocks, stubs, & test harnesses
• Design, extend, and optimize test automation framework
• Automate test data management • Identify, implement, manage and report appropriate metrics.
• Work with the Quality Assurance organization to ensure established procedures, standards and processes are utilized consistently
• Maintains quality standards for own work; detail-oriented.
• Develop and sustain positive relationships with peers.
• Provide technical support and coaching to team members regarding automated testing and optimizing testability of code Administration
Best qualified candidate must have minimum Seven years (10+ preferred) SDLC experience in ETL and Java on large software systems.
• Experience working in an agile development environment, preferably Scrum Technical Knowledge
• Can describe the overall function of several components in the technical platform
• Demonstrated very strong level of technical expertise both within own area of responsibility and other IT domains
• Has comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases
• Proficient in object oriented design and design patterns
• Experience in ETL, Data warehouse concepts
• Experience in DataStage, Hadoop Ecosystem and Scheduling tool Control-M,
• Experience with unit testing tools such as JUnit, TestNG,
• Can describe solutions in UML
• Has expert knowledge of multi-threading, SOAP/REST, and MVC
• Well versed in RDBMS technology: Oracle, SQL Server
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering Desired
• Experience with Test Driven Development • Experience with Continuous Delivery
• Experience in one of more test automation tools is great plus like SOAPUI Pro, Selenium, Ranorex, SeeTest. QTP
• Experience with Jenkins/Hudson/Nolio/SONAR/Fisheye/Crucible
• Domain background of Banking / Credit Card industry
• Experience with TSYS