Data Lead Engineer
Houston, TX. Posted 5 months ago
Job Title: Data Lead Engineer
Location: Houston, TX.
Participating in projects as a Data Lead / Data Engineer responsible for performing many different data related tasks to make data available for the designated business need.
These tasks could include the following components:
Database and Interface design, Creating/Editing Data Models (physical & logical), Data Profiling, Data Mapping, data quality management.
Required Advanced Level of Technical Competencies: -
Data modeling (physical and logical), ER/Studio diagrams, data dictionary, data map, normalize/de-normalize, agile data
- Data manipulation tools such as: SSMS, SSIS, TOAD, Access, Excel - Advanced database handling languages (SQL and variants)
- Experience in Data Architecture specifically in a Data Lake environment – i.e. Data Lake Zones, Data Modeling, etc. Preferred (Beginner to Expert)
- Practical skill sets in BI and Data visualization tools (Tableau)
- Knowledge of programming languages and some ability to write code (e.g., python, VBA, XML, R)
- API Development and Mulesoft
- SAP Business Object Data Services (BODS) ER/Studio Modeling
Preferred candidate should:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with strong English proficiency
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical skills, and employ judgment to offer thoughtful, concise input toward resolutions of problems
- Be able to translate data requirements into business processes and reverse engineer business processes into data requirements
- Comprehension of DevOps and Agile development and application to data centric architecture and solutions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or a related field with equivalent experience