San Francisco, CA. Posted 3 months ago
Required skills and experience:
• Solid experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning
SQL and ETL pipelines in the OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
Excellent Sql skills, should be able to write complex sql’s
• Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods
and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
Exposure to Google F1 Spanner database a big plus
• Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages is a
big plus ( Java or/and Python)
• Problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills with ability to make sound
complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment.
• Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling &
design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
• Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals
individually and with the team.
• Passionate about various technologies including but not limited to SQL/No
SQL/MPP databases etc.
• Exposure to Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to
effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
• Excellent understanding of trade-offs
• Demonstrated ability to navigate between big-picture and implementation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical
capability to effectively communicate with data & IT teams