Applications Engineer/Data Analytics
Application Engineer/Data Analytics (6+ Month Contract)
Location: Morris County, NJ
**RTH Option, NO Third Parties, NO Sponsorship available.
We are looking to hire a seasoned Applications Engineer to work on Data Analytics,ETL, reporting and other related responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have strong Data Analysis experienceand excellent oral and written communication skills. The candidate will help organize and visualize data for better decision making. The candidate will help our team and our customer's design, develop, and release BI solutions using modern technologies, such as Power BI, .NET, Web, and mobile technologies, SSAS/SSRS, and MS Azure. As a member of the development team, the candidate's time will be spent working with software architecture, business analysts, quality assurance, infrastructure, and other team members to ensure software platforms and features are properly architected, code is developed, tested, released to production, and proper production support is provided for existent and new products.
- Participate and contribute in the full project life cycle, including gathering requirements, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support of applications.
- Follow standard software development methodologies and SDLC practices to produce high-quality applications in an efficient manner.
- Participate in estimating assigned work effort and be accountable for completion dates.
- Document code so other engineers can reuse and support components in the future.
- As needed, help and mentor more junior developers on implementation.
- Troubleshoot critical production issues if needed.
- Production release management and support as-needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Strong Microsoft SQLServer experience, including SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, stored procedures and query optimization/tuning.
- Strong experience working with Power BI Desktop, service, embedded, and reporting services on both web, mobile, and cloud platforms.
- Experience with DAX, MDX, data modeling, and a strong understanding of data warehousing concepts.
- Experience with data quality, cleansing, validation and working with multiple, varied data sources simultaneously.
- Familiar with EDW, AWS, Redshift, Quick Insight, RDS.
- Candidate must be able to contribute in all layers of technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support
- Experience developing, and supporting large-scale platforms/applications
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work within an Agile team environment interfacing directly with business partners.