Big Data/Hadoop Engineer
Irvine, CA. Posted 02-13-18
Big Data/ Hadoop Engineer - (Ideal candidate will be a Sr. java Developer currently working in Big Data and AWS cloud platform)
- Work with big data analytics engineers to develop automated testing systems.
- Develop testing software that will generate and validate test data for big data systems.
- Develop testing software that will investigate the performance and scalability of big data systems.
- Work with product managers and development leads to create testing strategies.
- Create test plans and test cases for assigned components.
- Execute and automate test cases, and perform bug tracking and management.
- Contribute in building a flexible and scalable data testing automation solution.
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements.
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases.
Required skills needed for this role:
- Minimum 3+ years of hand on experience with big data or analytics systems.
- Strong SQL / Analytical SQL expertise
- Develop and update scripts written in Bash and Python.
- Experience developing software or test automation in Java.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, EMR, S3 & Cloud Formation).
- Working knowledge of bug tracking tools (e.g., Atlassian Jira).
- Experience testing big data storage systems and tools such as EMR, Spark, Hive.
- Knowledge of Spark and related applications (Kafka, Spark SQL).
- Experience testing scalable, distributed big data systems.