San Mateo, CA. Posted 04-18-18
751 Hebron Pkwy, Suite 250, Lewisville, TX 75057
8 - 15 Years
Any Work Permit encouraged to apply
Contract To W2, Corp To Corp
Enterprise Data Modeler
As part of the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) initiatives the Enterprise Data Modeler will work within the Enterprise Architecture team and play an integral role in impacting architecture and design of Business Intelligence (BI), Analytics and Enterprise Data Marts/Warehouse (EDM/W) platforms across the organization. The individual will translate strategic requirements into a usable enterprise information architecture, which may include an enterprise data model, associated metamodel, common business vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies, which will then be used to guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the enterprise application portfolio. Work in collaboration with Enterprise, Data and Solutions Architects to help define, design, and oversee implementation of standards and best practices involved in BI, analytics, data modeling, describing data entities and relationships, as well as supporting metadata for logical architectures. Work with the business stakeholders and BI project teams by applying knowledge of best practices to guide the project teams
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop enterprise conceptual, logical data models and semantic views across organization’s strategic and near term portfolio initiatives. Support EDM/W efforts to define, implement enterprise logical models
- Collaborate and partner in design and gathering of business needs for a BI/Analytics and Enterprise Data Mart and Warehouse strategies.
- Interact closely with business analysis teams, Integration and BI Reporting teams to ensure understanding of proper use of data models and perform data model design review sessions model
- Partner with Business Analysts to complete data analysis, data profiling and data sourcing decisions
- Partner with Data Architect to define, design, and implementation of standards and best practices involved in BI, analytics, modeling, describing data entities and relationships, as well as supporting metadata for logical architectures.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the data definitions, domain values, data relationships, business rules, sources and data integration for each subject area
- Participate in BI, Analytics and Database product evaluations, RFP"s, POC"s and business decisions and participate in establishing BI/Analytics COE
data bi eim edm