AS400 / EDI Consultant
Long Beach, CA. Posted 5 months ago
Location: Long Beach, CA.
Duration: 6 plus months.
Please send me some good profiles as soon aspossible so that I can get interview.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides Information Systems program analysis, development, application designs, testing and support in the BPCS/EDI environment on the AS400 platform.
· Interface with end users from various internal departments, affiliates, and/or customers to identify EDI related needs and requirements.
· Prepares program designs, specification and instructions.
· Programs are interfaces between legacy system (BPCS) and Oracle (EBS). Oracle EBS knowledge is a definite plus but not required.
· Coordinate EDI testing with trading partners, mapping of EDI documents, and maintaining EDI documents and translator/mailbox.
Technologies : EDI, IBM AS/400,
ERP : BPCS, Oracle (not required but a plus if you have experience)
EDI Tools : Trusted Link Iseries Version 6, Visual Mapper
EDI Standards : ANSI-X12. proprietary formats
EDI Transactions : 832,850,855,856,810, 846
Communication Protocol : FTP, sFTP VAN
Programming Languages : RPGILE, RPG/400, CL/400, DB2/400 Free Format, and SQL RPGILE.
Databases : DB2
Operating Systems : OS400, Windows
System conversion/migration is a definite plus but not required.
Strong analytical skills, problem solving, able to work independently with minimum supervision, detail oriented and strong QA.