Agile Delivery Manager
Chicago, IL. Posted 07-26-18
Role: Agile Delivery Manager
Duration: 6 months (possible extension)
Location: Chicago, IL
Interview: Phone and In person ( NO SKYPE )
Client: Hyatt Corp.
Must be GC or USC.
The positon for Agile Delivery Manager is needed to facilitate the planning, tracking and other day-to-day activities for an Agile project delivery team. This role requires solid practical experience and techniques, as well as theoretical knowledge. The Agile Delivery Manager collaborates intensively with their team members across both Business and Technology disciplines providing mentoring and coaching around Agile principles and practices. In addition, he/she acts as a servant leader and aids with the resolution of blocking challenges.
• Scrum Master for agile software development rituals
• Able to organize, moderate and demonstrate value-add principles and practices to the teams.
• Leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project management, and individual and team building skills.
• Experience with developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines, coordinating timelines and efforts and operating under tight time constraints.
• Able to effectively facilitate discussions and suggest alternative approaches.
• Be transparent and provide visibility to Business and Technology.
• Develop and grow trust across the project team(s), Business and Technology.
• Track, monitor, and escalate risks to primary stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish strong working relationships and promote bi-directional communication within and across teams (Product, Engineering, Architecture, Operations, Content and UX).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Intermediate to advanced understanding of basic software development methodologies and fundamentals (Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, Waterfall, etc.).
• Experience with developing, testing and deploying software utilizing a rapid, iterative delivery method.
• Exposure to all facets of the software development life cycle including: planning, requirements management, development, quality assurance, change management and release management.
• Exposure or awareness of continuous integration and test-driven development practices, test automation and tools.
• Experience with Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools (JIRA, Confluence).
• Scrum Master Certified
• Facilitate meetings with scrum and product
• Coordinate efforts with other teams
• Provide daily administrative duties for scrum team
• Demonstrate coaching abilities for team
• Support product owner
• Act as buffer between the team and any process overhead
• Eliminate impediments
• Support normalized estimating
• Help the team maintain their burndown chart
• Schedule and facilitate retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions
• Shield the team from interruptions during the sprint
• Communicate with management and outside stakeholders
• Protect the scrum team from uncontrolled injection of work
• Remove obstacles that affect the team
• Walk the product owner through more technical user stories
• Encourage collaboration between the Scrum team and product owner
• Build high-performing team
• Provide environment that will allow for each team member to focus
• Preferred candidate is passionate about travel and the Hospitality industry.
Bachelor"s degree or higher from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.