Ab Initio Developer
McLean, VA. Posted 07-03-18
- The candidate must be self- motivated with a strong background in technology and a proven ability to translate business needs into data rich, enabled applications and tools.
- Technical and intellectual curiosity is required, along with the ability to pick up concepts and techniques quickly in order to execute projects and solutions.
- You will be part of an Agile team and be required to work on all aspects for application development besides just coding.
- You will build relationships over time with representatives from the business, management, and other technical areas that will be rewarding and lead to even more innovative solutions benefitting Chase s customers in the future.
· Participate in end- to- end development lifecycle activities of the application, including design, coding, testing and deployment activities.
· Drive the Participate in code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre- defined architectural specifications, identify/ troubleshoot application code- related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation.
· Produce comprehensive tests for all developed code.
· Support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub- systems as the need arises.
· Deliver project milestones on time and within budget.
· Coordinate and collaborate with technical partners for joint application development efforts.
· Research and evaluate alternate solutions and provide recommendations for enhancing the application.
· Provide technical support for the application, including meeting service level and performance requirements; and diagnosing and evaluating inefficient processes/ code.
· As part of the development effort, work with other development teams, testing, operations and architecture groups when changes in technology have cross- impacts across applications; work in concert with the other groups to discuss and address any cross- impacts to the applications.
Must have strong demonstrated track record in Ab- Initio coding of medium to large scale ETL applications Broad- based cross- functional IT experience in application design and development is essential in this role using Ab- Initio ETL toolset Must have 5 years of experience in the design and delivery of ETL solutions and input applications and building out of components using Ab- Initio Experience in UNIX and/ or AIX operating environment and basic JAVA is required Ability to communicate at all levels of management Demonstrated skills both written and oral are required Experience with mainframe, DB2, and MQ and JAVA web services is a strong plus Experience in the development of financial applications is a strong plus Experience in scheduling tool like Control center or Ops console is desirable